Review of Basic AlgebraAlgebra Course Materials for review if you plan to retake Math Placement during Orientation.
Find the Textbooks for Your Classeshttp://www.bookstores.umn.edu/morris/searchbooks.html
One or two edition earlier of texts are usually similar enough to be OK, but courses will be built around the editions in the Bookstore. In my classes, if you use an earlier edition be aware that some of the sections may be numbered differently, content may be slightly different, and problems I identify as good practice may not line up with your older edition.
Spring 2015 ClassesFinal Exam Schedule
How To Get the Most Out of Studying
Here are five short (about 7 minute) videos that talk about how to effectively study in university: How To Get the Most Out of Studying
- Video 1: Beliefs That Make You Fail…Or Succeed.
- Video 2: What Students Should Understand About How People Learn.
- Video 3: Cognitive Principles for Optimizing Learning.
- Video 4: Putting the Principles for Optimizing Learning into Practice.
- Video 5: I Blew the Exam, Now What?
- WeBWorK Handout (pdf)
- Mathematica 8.0 Quick Reference (pdf)
- Mathematica 8.0 Basics (nb)
- Mathematica 8.0 Practice using content from Calculus I: One Two Three Four Five Six
- Mathematica 8.0 Intermediate (nb)
- How to Succeed in My Courses (pdf)
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Division of Science and Mathematics
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 East 4th Street
Morris, MN USA 56267
Office: Science 1380
Office Phone: (320) 589-6302
Fax: (320) 589-6371